In a recent HDCN article, the discussion in the comments drifted off toward umbrellas.
I thought the topic was interesting and worthy of it’s own article.
The umbrella mentioned was the rainbow colored umbrella from Sam’s Club. Apparently it has plastic bows which flex in a strong wind. It was reported that this inexpensive umbrella stood up to the gusts better than the more expensive metal bow umbrellas.
Today I want you to do a “brain dump” on the subject of hot dog cart umbrellas. We’ll discuss it in the comments section below.
Here are a few questions for you, just to get the ball rolling:
- What umbrella are you using and where did you get it?
- What was the price?
- How does it hold up in a strong wind?
- How durable is it in general?
- How resistant is it to sun fading?
- Do you have any tricks for dealing with wind?
- What’s better – wooden pole, metal pole, plastic pole? – And why?
These are some of the questions that popped into my mind. Let’s just run with this and share our best umbrella recommendations, tips, tricks, and sources.
P.S. Let’s get everyone involved – the more ideas, the better!
Share this with your Facebook friends by clicking the blue “fShare” button at the left.